JOB TITLE: Production Assistants-Second Shift
LOCATION: 2516 Main Avenue, Fayetteville, IL 62258
JOB TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Deli Star Corporation currently has openings for second shift Production Assistants. For more than thirty years, Deli Star Corporation has provided high quality cooked meats to the foodservice and food processing industries. Deli Star's comprehensive line of meat products are produced at the state-of-the-art meat processing facility located in Fayetteville, Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, Missouri.
This position is responsible for performing all labor tasks involved in the production of the company’s products.
Key Duties and Functions:
• Support every day production in specific room and product line, or be temporarily assigned to other areas.
• Follows specific Safety, USDA, and GMP regulations in the manufacturing of all Deli Star products
• Frequent sustained lifting, sometimes overhead.
• Must be able to reach, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to walk or stand majority of shift.
• Must be able to work in a cold, damp to hot, wet, and humid environments.
• Repetitive and/or frequent sustained reaching, twisting, bending and stooping.
• Completes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Safely and effectively operates mechanical equipment.
• Assist with keeping the area clean and orderly.
• Minimize waste or misuse of raw materials
• Demonstrate adherence to the Deli Star StarGuest philosophy.
• Work as a resource in support of Research and Development.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School diploma or GED, with 1-2 years of job related experience.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines promptly.
• Must meet requirements for background clearance and drug testing policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Deli Star is an equal employment opportunity employer.