JOB TITLE: Production & Sanitation Supervisor-Second Shift
LOCATION: 2516 Main Avenue, Fayetteville, IL 62258
JOB TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Deli Star Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Production & Sanitation Supervisor for Second Shift. For more than thirty years, Deli Star Corporation has provided high quality cooked meats to the foodservice and food processing industries. Deli Star's comprehensive line of meat products are produced at the state-of-the-art meat processing facility located in Fayetteville, Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, Missouri.
This is a new position and will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of production and sanitation employees on second shift.
Key Duties and Functions:
• Ensures specified products are manufactured in accordance with established requirements and the daily production schedule.
• Directs and coordinates all sanitation activities in accordance with Deli Star’s Food Safety, SQF, and HACCP programs, including pest control, and housekeeping.
• Lead, motivate and inform team members through regular communication and teambuilding.
• Demonstrate leadership with adherence to the Deli Star StarGuest philosophy.
• Handle employee issues professionally, confidentially and with discretion.
• Completes production records in an accurate and timely manner.
• Coordinate and train line personnel to meet production and sanitation goals and performance metrics.
• Safely and effectively assemble, clean, operate, and troubleshoot mechanical equipment.
• Work as a resource in support of Research and Development.
• Follows specific Safety, USDA, and GMP regulations in the manufacturing of all Deli Star products.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School diploma, with 2-3 years of appropriate experience leading employees, teams, in a manufacturing setting is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is preferred, will consider experience in lieu of degree.
• Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Basic Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Web Browser (i.e. M.S. Explorer; Google Chrome)
• Strong reading comprehension and math skills
• Previous food experience is preferred.
• Must be able to reach, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines promptly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Deli Star is an equal employment opportunity employer.